What's a Kid Size Serving?
It can be difficult to know what a heatlhy serving size is in a restaurant and fast food culture that often serves heaping amounts of food on large plates. Many people put too much food on their plates and end up eating too many calories each day.
It's important for children to understand that everything they eat matters. And eating the right amount of food from each food group is a way to get the nutrients their growing bodies need and maintain a healthy weight.
This newly updated and revised pamphlet is especially designed for children ages 8-13. It shows the recommended portions of food from the food groups identified by the USDA as part of the MyPlate healthy eating program.
- Describes healthy servings in the 5 food groups for kids ages 8-13
- Features fun, eye-opening visual comparisons between healthy serving sizes and common objects
- Discusses how kids can eat healthy amounts
- Explains how foods can help you stay healthy
- Lists foods in each food group
- Tells how many servings to eat every day
- Stresses that it's important to eat a variety of foods
- National Health Information Award winner