IN·clued Youth and Health Center Workshop Bundle - 1 Year Subscription
IN·clued: Inclusive Healthcare – Youth & Providers EmpoweredINclued IN-clued Include
IN·clued: Inclusive Healthcare – Youth & Providers Empowered is an LGBTQ-centered program that addresses the sexual health disparities affecting LGBTQ youth across the United States.
This dual approach program combines LGBTQ youth-friendly health services with direct relevant and inclusive sex education—this combination has the proven outcome of youth seeking sexual health services and engaging in less risky sexual behaviors. The program is grounded in the Health Belief Model theory of change and proven sexuality education best practices.
The 3-hour interactive youth workshop empowers participants with sexual health knowledge, skills, and tools to advocate for their own sexual health. This workshop includes topics such as:
- Learning about the specific sexual health needs of LGBTQ youth
- Redefining sex for LGBTQ youth
- Understanding STI and pregnancy prevention methods
- Exploring how to access sexual healthcare and advocate with a provider.
The 3-hour interactive workshop for health center staff and providers focuses on building skills to create more inclusive healthcare practices when working with LGBTQ youth. This workshop is taught by both an adult facilitator and youth peer educators and includes topics such as:
- Best practices for working with LGBTQ youth
- Recommendations for an LGBTQ-friendly health center environment
- Strategies to engage LGBTQ patients in the exam room so they feel safe, comfortable, and open to sharing sexual health behaviors
The following materials are available digitally for you to download and print at your convenience, and will not be sent out as hard materials:
- Facilitator curriculum
- Workshop materials (IN·clued zine, mp4 workshop video, Q-cards ©, and more)
- Peer educator training materials
Additional promotional items are available to encourage and reward participation in your IN·clued workshops. See the complete selection.