HealthSmart Middle School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Set, 3d Ed
HealthSmart Middle School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention is part of ETR's comprehensive K-12 health education program that focuses on the essential concepts and skills students need to know and practice to adopt healthy behaviors. HealthSmart meets the National Health Education Standards (NHES), aligns to the CDC's Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT), and focuses on the key areas of risk that confront children and youth today as identified by the CDC's National Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS). The program supports social and emotional learning, and draws on the cultural strengths of students and their families to support healthy behaviors and establish healthy social norms and expectations. HealthSmart Middle School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention lessons and activities are tailored to the developmental capabilities of middle school students.
This unit offers seventeen 45- to 60-minute lessons covering the following topics: Teens & Drugs: What's the Truth?; Alcohol: What's the Truth?; Vaping & Other Tobacco Products: What's the Truth?; Marijuana: What's the Truth?; Medicines: What's the Truth?; Experimentation & Addiction: What's the Truth?; Opioids: What’s the Truth?; Consequences of Drug Use: How Bad Could It Be?; Influences on My Choices About Drugs; Self-Talk for Being Drug Free; My Peers & Their Feelings About Drugs; Family, School & Community Rules About Drugs; Tobacco Companies: Are They Targeting Youth?; Counter-Advertisements; Peer Pressure: Ways to Say NO; Roleplay Practice: Resisting Drug Pressure; Drug-Free Pledges: Support for Myself & Others.
The program includes:
- Teacher's Guide (228 pages) that contains the easy-to teach lessons, with clear objectives, teaching steps and assessment.
- Classroom set of 30 Student Workbooks (64 pages) that include all student reading and activity sheets, student journal pages for reflection and guided note taking, and a health terms glossary.
- Digital resources including PowerPoint slides for each lesson, teacher keys and masters, scoring rubrics and glossary.
When you purchase HealthSmart you are given access to the HealthSmart Teacher Support Website that features a wealth of free information and resources, including an online Lesson Planning Tool that allows you to quickly customize a HealthSmart lesson plan based on the healthy behavior outcomes you want to achieve. Additional information on HealthSmart is available on the HealthSmart website.
HealthSmart Middle School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Set, 3d Ed includes:
- Languages: English
- Quantity: 30
- 1 - HealthSmart Middle School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Teacher Guide,3d Ed
- 1 - HealthSmart Middle School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Flash Drive, 3d Ed
- 1 - HealthSmart Teacher Guide Box