HealthSmart High School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Set, 3d Ed
HealthSmart High School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention is part of ETR's comprehensive K-12 health education program that focuses on the essential concepts and skills students need to know and practice to adopt healthy behaviors. HealthSmart meets the National Health Education Standards (NHES), aligns to the CDC's Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT), and focuses on the key areas of risk that confront children and youth today as identified by the CDC's National Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS). The program supports social and emotional learning, and draws on the cultural strengths of students and their families to support healthy behaviors and establish healthy social norms and expectations. HealthSmart High School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention lessons and activities are tailored to the developmental capabilities of high school students.
This unit offers sixteen 60- to 75-minute lessons covering the following topics: Teens & Drug Use; Drug Addiction; Prescription & Over-the-Counter Drugs: Get the Facts; Opioids: Get the Facts; Vaping and Other Tobacco Products: Get the Facts; The Benefits of Quitting Tobacco Use; Alcohol: Get the Facts; Marijuana: Get the Facts; Drugs & the Law; Getting Help for Drug Problems; Analyzing Influences on Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Use; Countering Media Influences; Making Decisions About Drugs; Saying NO to Drugs; Resisting Drug Pressures: Roleplay Practice; Advocating for Being Drug Free.
The program includes:
- Teacher's Guide (272 pages) that contains the easy-to teach lessons, with clear objectives, teaching steps and assessment.
- Classroom set of 30 Student Workbooks (88 pages) that include all student reading and activity sheets, student journal pages for reflection and guided note taking, and a health terms glossary.
- Digital resources including PowerPoint slides for each lesson, teacher keys and masters, scoring rubrics and glossary.
When you purchase HealthSmart you are given access to the HealthSmart Teacher Support Website that features a wealth of free information and resources, including an online Lesson Planning Tool that allows you to quickly customize a HealthSmart lesson plan based on the healthy behavior outcomes you want to achieve. Additional information on HealthSmart is available on the HealthSmart website.
HealthSmart High School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Set, 3d Ed includes:
- Languages: English
- Quantity: 30
- 1 - HealthSmart High School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Teacher Guide, 3d Ed
- 1 - HealthSmart High School: Tobacco, Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Flash Drive, 3d Ed
- 1 - HealthSmart Teacher Guide Box