HealthSmart High School: Nutrition & Physical Activity Set, 3d Ed
HealthSmart High School: Nutrition & Physical Activity is part of ETR's comprehensive K-12 health education program that focuses on the essential concepts and skills students need to know and practice to adopt healthy behaviors. HealthSmart meets the National Health Education Standards (NHES), aligns to the CDC's Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT), and focuses on the key areas of risk that confront children and youth today as identified by the CDC's National Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS). The program supports social and emotional learning, and draws on the cultural strengths of students and their families to support healthy behaviors and establish healthy social norms and expectations. HealthSmart High School: Nutrition & Physical Activity lessons and activities are tailored to the developmental capabilities of high school students.
This unit offers sixteen 60- to 75-minute lessons covering the following topics: Nutrition & Health; Guidelines for Healthy Eating; What's on MyPlate?; Reading Food Labels; Eating Healthy at Fast-Food Restaurants; Guidelines for Physical Activity; Physical Activity & Health; Staying Safe During Physical Activity; Finding Accurate Information; Setting Healthy Eating & Physical Activity Goals; Tracking My Progress; Analyzing Influences on Eating & Physical Activity; Influences on Body Image; Managing Weight in Healthy Ways; Disordered Eating & Compulsive Exercising; Food Safety at Home & Work.
The program includes:
- Teacher's Guide (272 pages) that contains the easy-to teach lessons, with clear objectives, teaching steps and assessment.
- Classroom set of 30 Student Workbooks (88 pages) that include all student reading and activity sheets, student journal pages for reflection and guided note taking, and a health terms glossary.
- Digital resources including PowerPoint slides for each lesson, teacher keys and masters, scoring rubrics and glossary.
When you purchase HealthSmart you are given access to the HealthSmart Teacher Support Website that features a wealth of free information and resources, including an online Lesson Planning Tool that allows you to quickly customize a HealthSmart lesson plan based on the healthy behavior outcomes you want to achieve. Additional information on HealthSmart is available on the HealthSmart website.
HealthSmart High School: Nutrition & Physical Activity Set, 3d Ed includes:
- Languages: English
- Quantity: 30
- 1 - HealthSmart High School: Nutrition & Physical Activity Teacher Guide, 3d Ed
- 1 - HealthSmart High School: Nutrition & Physical Activity Flash Drive, 3d Ed
- 1 - HealthSmart Teacher Guide Box