HealthSmart Grade K Set, Digital Edition
The second edition of HealthSmart Grade K Digital Edition is part of ETR's comprehensive K-12 health education program that focuses on the essential concepts and skills students need to know and practice to adopt healthy behaviors. HealthSmart meets the National Health Education Standards (NHES), aligns to the CDC's Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT), and focuses on the key areas of risk that confront children and youth today as identified by the CDC's National Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS). The program also draws on the cultural strengths of students and their families to support healthy behaviors and establish healthy social norms and expectations.
Grade K lessons and activities are tailored to the developmental capabilities of kindergarten students, and cover these key health content areas:
- Emotional & Mental Health (3 lessons)
- Personal Health & Wellness (6 lessons)
- Injury & Violence Prevention (11 lessons)
- Nutrition & Physical Activity (5 lessons)
- Tobacco Prevention (5 lessons)
Lessons are 30-50 minutes long. The Grade K digital edition set includes:
- Digital versions of the easy-to teach lessons with clear objectives, teaching steps and assessment.
- Online access to the images used to introduce health concepts and skills, stimulate student thinking and keep lessons lively and fun, provided in both PowerPoint and PDF formats.
- Online access to classroom posters, masters for take-home family sheets, teacher pages, group project pages and Scope & Sequence chart that shows NHES and HECAT alignment.
When you purchase HealthSmart Grade K you also have access to the HealthSmart Teacher Support Website that features a wealth of free digital resources, including the online Lesson Planning Tool that gives you the power to quickly customize a HealthSmart lesson plan. Additional information on HealthSmart is available on the HealthSmart website.
Once we receive confirmation of your order (CC/PO), you will receive your log-in credentials within 2 business days.