HealthSmart is a comprehensive K–12 health education program designed to meet your virtual and classroom needs.
Lessons are easy to use, with clear, concise teaching steps focused on the essential concepts and skills that will enable students to develop, practice and support specific healthy behaviors. Activities are developmentally appropriate, challenge students in a variety of ways, and accommodate a range of learning styles. Schools can teach the comprehensive program or select only the grades and/or subjects they need.
Benefits of HealthSmart:
- Based on the Theory of Planned Behavior.
- Meets the National Health Education Standards.
- Focuses on the primary areas of risk for children and adolescents identified and monitored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Reflects the characteristics of an effective health education curriculum defined by the CDC.
- Incorporates key knowledge and skill expectations detailed in the CDC's Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT) for each grade level.
- Supports social and emotional learning (SEL).
The ultimate goal of the HealthSmart program is to promote the healthy growth and development of youth and give them the knowledge and skills to make healthy choices and establish life-long healthy behaviors.