Yes Means Yes: What Is Affirmative Consent?
"Yes Means Yes" is shorthand for the affirmative consent standard, the increasingly popular basis for sexual assault policies. These policies require both parties to get unambiguous, clear, affirmative consent in sexual interactions. Our "Yes Means Yes: What is Affirmative Consent?" pamphlet:
- Defines the affirmative consent standard that forms the basis of some sexual assault policies
- Encourages healthy communication around sexual relationships
- Describes how to set personal limits and give or deny consent
- Discusses how enthusiastic consent can be part of a healthy sexual relationship
- Stresses that avoiding alcohol and drugs helps people stay safer