Weight Facts: How to Maintain a Healthy Weight
Being overweight can be hard on your joints and muscles, including your heart. It can also put you at risk for some serious health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and certain cancers. This title encourages people to maintain a healthy weight by making lifestyle choices that include healthy eating and physical activity.
- Discusses why a healthy weight matters
- Explains how to use a BMI scale to determine a healthy weight
- Describes why fad diets don't work long-term
- Encourages people to find their own motivation to lose extra weight
- Suggests ways to eat healthy using MyPlate guidelines
- Stresses the importance of physical activity
- Offers guidelines for using a food journal.