Title IX - Know Your Rights Pamphlet
Title IX has always included a mandate to educate and empower K12 students and their families about their rights under the law.
Title IX Know Your Rights pamphlet was developed by K12 students in collaboration with ETR’s K12T9 Initiative. This pamphlet provides developmentally-appropriate guidance to middle and high school students on their rights under Title IX, the federal law that prohibits sexual and gender-based harassment and sexual assault in schools that receive federal funding.
- Helps students understand which behaviors could be considered sexual and/or gender-based harassment under Title IX.
- Includes a QR Code that students can scan to access a comprehensive online FAQ on sexual and gender-based harassment, sexual assault, and Title IX (offered in English and Spanish).
- Provides updated content aligned with the 2020 Title IX Regulations.
- Helps students understand their rights – as complainants or respondents – under Title IX.
- Guides students on how to find the contact information for their District’s Title IX Coordinator.
- Empowers students with the information they need to take action to stop sexual and/or gender-based harassment and sexual assault in their school community.