Cycle of Violence
In many violent relationships, the same things may happen over and over. Not all such relationships follow this "cycle of violence," but some go through these three stages: 1) tension-building; 2) explosion; and 3) making-up. It can be helpful for people in relationships to be aware of these potential stages. Also available in Spanish.
- Helps people understand the pattern of violent relationships
- Describes 3 stages of violent relationships
- Suggests ways to stay safer and protect yourself
- Lists ways to get help
- Explains what children need to know
- Discusses treatment for batterers