Emotional abuse happens when someone insults, humiliates or uses "mind games" to control another person. It can happen to people in all income, education and ethnic groups. Studies have found that emotional abuses may occur in over 20% of all relationships. This pamphlet is designed to help people recognize the signs and learn what to do about abusive situations.
- Describes emotional abuse
- Explains how it relates to physical and sexual abuse
- Lists signs of abuse in both partners
- Urges abusers to get help
- Suggests what to do if you or someone you know is being abused
- Offers recommendations for someone who might be abusive