Problems with Condoms
Condoms work. They're super effective at preventing STD and pregnancy. An ETR study shows condom breakage and slippage is fairly common among high school students who reported recent sexual activity. Among currently sexually active students, about 1 in 4 experienced condom breakage.
It's vital for young people to understand the value of using condoms correctly and to know how to protect themselves if they have problems with a condom. As educators, we don't want people to get so frustrated with condoms they stop using them! This pamphlet explains the important steps needed to use condoms correctly.
- Describes the effectiveness of condoms
- Encourages people to practice using them
- Suggests what to do if a condom fails during sex
- Explains how to use emergency contraception
- Discusses the importance of STD testing
- Features a QR code that links to a free online video on how to use a condom