Children and tweens on the threshhold of puberty have a lot of questions about what it means to start your period. Approximately half the population will experience a period at some point in their life. Our pamphlet "Period Facts" presents basic information about periods and the menstrual cycle in clear, easy-to-understand language. We present information about how menstruation is a natural, healthy sign of growing up and emphasize the fact that individual differences are normal. Also available in Spanish.
- Clearly explains the start of periods as part of normal puberty changes
- Discusses how the menstrual cycle is part of reproductive health
- Describes what to expect when periods start
- Answers common questions about menstruation
- Covers menstrual product options, both disposable and reusable
- Discusses how good nutrition and exercise can reduce or alleviate cramps and PMS