Making Proud Choices! Out Of Home Youth Basic Set
This adaptation of the Making Proud Choices! program is a 10-module curriculum designed to empower in-care adolescents with greater knowledge and self-respect that will encourage them to protect themselves against unintended pregnancies and HIV/STD infection. Many young people entering the system have experienced traumas, including neglect and abuse, that impact their psychosocial and sexual development and increase the likelihood that they will engage in behaviors that place them at risk of early pregnancy and STDs. The curriculum acknowledges that abstinence is the most effective way to eliminate these risks, but also encourages the practice of safer sex and condom use, and gives youth in foster care the confidence they need to choose and negotiate safer-sex practices. The Making Proud Choices! for Youth in Out-of-Home Care 5th Edition includes:
- Facilitator Curriculum
- Activity Set (cards, posters, handouts)
- Curriculum DVDs: Tanisha and Shay; Nicole's Choice; The Hard Way; The Subject Is HIV (Safer Sex); The Subject Is STDs (Safer Sex); Wrap It Up & Condom Use Animation
- Student Workbooks (classroom set of 30). Order additional student workbooks (beyond the 30 included).
- One Training Seat for an interactive virtual curriculum training (valid for 1 year)
ETR's Virtual Training of Educators (TOE) for Making Proud Choices! is an interactive blend of synchronous and asynchronous activities. The TOE equips sexual health facilitators with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement the program with youth. Once you purchase the program, you will be contacted to schedule your training. See the Training Calendar for available dates and times. For more information about our Training Services, see our FAQs.
For more information on Making Proud Choices! including sample lesson, table of contents, research, adaptation guidelines, training & TA and much more, please visit the Making Proud Choices! section of our Program Success Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health.
Making Proud Choices! Out Of Home Youth Basic Set includes:
- Languages: English
- Quantity: 30
- 1 - Making Proud Choices! Out of Home Youth Sticker
- 1 - Making Proud Choices! Out of Home Youth Activity Kit
- 1 - Making Proud Choices! 5th Edition Out of Home Youth Facilitator Guide
- 1 - EBP Set Box 2017
- 1 - EBP Safer Sex Flash Drive