HIV: What If I'm Positive?
ETR's HIV Q&A series addresses various topics related to HIV, including the testing, symptoms and treatment. This pamphlet provides a basic overview of what happens if your HIV test is positive. When people first find out they've tested positive for HIV, they have a wide range of feelings. This pamphlet is designed to reduce people's stress and help them understand the first steps they need to take in order to stay healthy. As one of our most popular HIV prevention titles, we've decided to make this pamphlet available in four versions to help you reach your audience. There are three different covers available: 1) features a model that represents ethnic diversity when viewed with other titles in the series; 2) features an African American model; and 3) features a Latino model. The cover that features a Latino model is available in English and Spanish.
- Uses a convenient, accessible question-and-answer format to outline first steps to take after a positive test result
- Emphasizes how important it is to find a doctor you feel comfortable with
- Discusses treatment options
- Explains how to protect yourself and others
- Offers tips for staying healthy
- Stresses that knowing the facts can help you practice safer sex when you're ready
- Talks about HIV and pregnancy