HIV: After the Test
HIV test results can take up to 2 weeks. While people wait for their results, they may feel anxious, depressed or scared. This pamphlet is designed to help people cope with the mix of emotions they might feel after getting the test. But it also offers practical advice: you need to know how to prevent HIV, whether your test is negative or positive.
- Features a convenient, accessible question-and-answer format
- Discusses waiting for results
- Explains what a negative test means
- Suggests what to do if you test positive
- Covers how to prevent HIV
- Includes safer sex tips