HIV: Talking with Your Teen
Parents may not feel comfortable talking about sex in explicit terms. But parents are their teens' best source for support and information. Teens read about HIV in the news and hear about it at school. Even very young teens may have questions and concerns about HIV.
This pamphlet is designed to help parents have meaningful conversations with their teens.
- Explains how to begin discussing HIV
- Suggests building effective communication over time
- Offers ways to prepare for difficult conversations
- Lists some basic facts teens need to know about HIV
- Provides specific safer sex guidelines