Food for Thought: Healing Foods to Savor
Based on the latest nutrition and health research, this book will inspire you with practical tips on how to purchase and prepare delicious food with eye appeal that will nourish your body, protect your health and nurture your spirit. Recipes feature vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, which have long been recognized as good sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. New research suggests that many of these plant foods contain other healing substances called phytochemicals (plant chemicals). Phytochemicals help protect plants from disease, and studies are revealing that eating a diet with plenty of phytochemical-rich foods may help protect humans from disease as well.
Food For Thought: Healing Foods to Savor features
- Healthy eating and living guidelines, including practical information about key nutrients like protein, fat, carbohydrate, fiber, calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium.
- An alphabetical reference of many vegetables, fruits, legumes and whole grains that includes
- Key nutrients and health benefits
- Summary of research
- Storage, preparation, and grocery shopping tips
- Suggestions on how to incorporate these foods into your daily diet
- Great tasting recipes with complete nutritional analysis and food group serving analysis
All proceeds from the sale of this book go to the Cancer Prevention and Control Program of the Moores UCSD Cancer Center
Additional discounts on orders of 6 or more cookbooks. Contact customer service to receive discount. 5% off 6-10 books, 10% off 11-20 books, 20% off 21-50 books, and 30% on orders of 51+ books. NOTE: All pricing includes shipping and handling.