Bronchitis, Help On The Way
Most bronchitis is caused by viruses, such as cold and flu, that infect the upper respiratory tract. Bronchitis also can be caused by bacteria, but this is less common. This pamphlet covers the basics about bronchitis: symptoms, treatment and prevention.
- Lists common causes and symptoms
- Explains the difference between acute and chronic bronchitis
- Answers questions about the relationship between bronchitis and pneumonia
- Discusses how some over-the-counter medicines can help
- Recommends when to see your health care provider