Breastfeeding Your Baby
Breast milk is the most nutritious food mothers can choose for their babies. But breastfeeding might seem hard at first for new mothers.
Not all babies are ready to breastfeed right away. New mothers often worry about whether their babies are getting enough milk.
This title helps new parents by explaining what to expect when breastfeeding a newborn.
- Explains what to know about breastfeeding
- Describes what to expect the first few days after birth
- Encourages new mothers to take good care of themselves by drinking water, eating nutritious food and resting
- Discusses 3 ways to hold a nursing baby: the cradle hold, the clutch hold and lying down
- Offers step-by-step directions for helping a baby latch onto a nipple
- Includes how to tell if your baby is getting enough milk