Abstinence: Talking with Your Teen
Most parents believe that abstinence is the best choice for teens. But teens don't get this message from movies, TV shows or music. This pamphlet encourages parents to talk to their children about why waiting to have sex is a good choice with many benefits.
- Explains why talking is important
- Discusses definitions of abstinence
- Offers communication tips and ideas for what to say
- Lists emotional and physical benefits of abstinence
- Suggests skills to teach
- Appropriate for abstinence-only programs