Abstinence & Self-Esteem
People with strong self-esteem trust themselves to make good decisions. And they expect other people to respect their decisions. People who struggle with self-esteem often need others' approval and acceptance to feel good about themselves. This pamphlet explores how self-esteem can affect a person's decisions about whether or not to have sex and encourages people to make the best decisions for themselves.
- Shows how self-esteem affects sexual decisions
- Lists benefits of abstinence
- Examines the effects of pressure from others
- Provides questions to help readers link abstinence to self-esteem
- Suggests sticking to a decision to be abstinent
- Appropriate for abstinence-only programs