Your Pelvic Exam
Once a person with female reproductive organs reaches age 21, they should have regular pelvic exams. Pelvic exams are an important part of sexual and reproductive health.
This pamphlet provides a clear, comprehensive introduction so that clients and patients know what to expect during a pelvic exam and tips for communicating with health care providers about the exam. Also available in Spanish.
- Prepares people for what to expect during an exam
- Describes the steps in an exam
- Offers tips for making the exam more comfortable
- Allays fears and concerns about getting the exam
- Discusses when and how often to schedule an exam