What you need to know about prescription drugs
Prescription drugs are strong medicines. They can relieve pain, control symptoms and help people heal. They're generally safe when used as directed under a doctor's care. But when not taken as prescribed, they can be dangerous. This revised and updated pamphlet provides an overview of prescription drugs and discusses how they should be used. Also available in Spanish.
- Answers question about how misusing prescription drugs can be dangerous
- Explains the effects of prescription drugs on the brain and body
- Discusses prescription drug abuse and lists warning signs
- Lists the most frequently abused prescription drugs
- Suggests how to use the drugs safely