What You Need To Know About Alcohol
Alcohol is the drug in beer, wine and liquor. It changes the way the body works, just like other drugs. This revised and updated title addresses how alcohol affects the body and emphasizes that different people react to alcohol in different ways. Also available in Spanish.
- Explains that alcohol is a drug like other drugs
- Describes the short-term effects of drinking alcohol
- Emphasizes that alcohol affects people differently, depending on age, gender and body size
- Covers abuse and addiction
- Discusses how drinking too much alcohol can be dangerous
- Cautions against drinking alcohol during pregnancy