Tobacco companies spend billions of dollars every year to get people to buy their products. Ads show good-looking, healthy and popular people having fun smoking or using other forms of tobacco. But the truth is, no form of tobacco is safe to use. Our Tobacco Facts pamphlet provides an essential overview of tobacco and its harmful effects.
Tobacco Facts is now available in English, Spanish, Chinese (simplifed), Tagalog and Vietnamese.
- Discusses why people start and keep using tobacco
- Explains how tobacco use harms the body
- Describes what it means to be addicted to tobacco
- Includes information about cigars, smokeless tobacco products and e-cigarettes
- Notes that exposure to secondhand smoke is harmful for non-smokers and pets
- Examines the role of advertising
- Folds out to a poster that emphasizes the health benefits of not using tobacco