Prescription Drug Abuse
Prescription drugs can relieve pain, control symptoms and help people heal. But they must be used under the oversight of a health care provider. The drugs are not safe when taken incorrectly. This pamphlet takes a look at three classes of prescription drugs that are most frequently abused: narcotics,depressants and stimulants.
- Describes the risks of abusing prescription drugs
- Includes a chart of 3 types of prescription drugs that lists negative effects and which are dangerous when mixed
- Examines why people abuse prescription drugs
- Discusses addiction and warning signs
- Includes information on how to get help for drug abuse