Making Proud Choices! (California Edition) Print Bundle
Updated for 2021!
Making Proud Choices! California Edition is a 10-module adaptation of the original evidence-based Making Proud Choices! program designed to meet the requirements of the California Healthy Youth Act. The curriculum can be adapted to create a school version with 15 shorter modules that will fit a school schedule. This program can also be used by agencies and schools that wish to provide additional sexual health education content to the youth they serve. It provides adolescents with the knowledge, confidence, and skills necessary to reduce their risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), HIV, and pregnancy by abstaining from sex or using condoms if they choose to have sex. The Making Proud Choices: California Edition Basic Set includes:
- Facilitator Curriculum
- Activity Set (cards, posters, handouts)
- Curriculum Videos (USB drive): Tanisha and Shay; Nicole's Choice; The Hard Way; The Subject Is HIV (Safer Sex); The Subject Is STDs (Safer Sex); Wrap It Up & Condom Use Animation
- Student Workbooks (classroom set of 30). Order additional student workbooks (beyond the 30 included).
For a sample lesson, click here.
In addition, the Making Proud Choices: California Edition Basic Set includes online access to:
- MPC Virtual Guidance Document that provides tips and adaptions to deliver the modules’ activities virtually through either live or self-paced delivery
- MPC Adaptation Guidelines for Schools
- PowerPoint support tool for MPC that covers all key content and activities
- Jeopardy PowerPoint template to support educators facilitating Jeopardy-style games with youth, in-person or online
- Alternative Video Guidance Document that directs educators to free videos that can be used to replace the videos referenced in MPC, including new discussion questions and key points
Purchase of Making Proud Choices! California Edition includes ETR’s virtual Training of Educators (TOE) that equips sexual health facilitators with the knowledge and skills to implement the program with youth. ETR’s distributive learning process is an interactive, research-based approach for the acquisition of knowledge and development of skills, and includes modeling, self-reflection and follow-up support. Once you purchase the program, you will be contacted to schedule your training. See the Training Calendar for available dates and times.
For more information, please visit the Making Proud Choices! section of our Program Success Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health for a sample lesson, table of contents, research, adaptation guidelines, details on training and much more.