HIV: Rapid Test Q&A
ETR's HIV Q&A series addresses various topics related to HIV, including the testing, symptoms and treatment. This pamphlet provides a basic overview of the HIV rapid test. The sooner a person knows whether or not they have HIV, the sooner they can take steps to stay healthy longer. The rapid test delivers results within minutes. As one of our most popular HIV prevention titles, we've decided to make this pamphlet available in four versions to help you reach your audience. There are three different covers available: 1) features a model that represents ethnic diversity when viewed with other titles in the series; 2) features an African American model; and 3) features a Latino model. The cover that features a Latino model is available in English and Spanish.
- Uses a convenient, accessible question-and-answer format to describe how the rapid test works
- Covers who will know the results
- Discusses what results mean
- Explains the counseling procedure
- Lists where to get tested and questions to ask
- Stresses that counseling can help when a rapid test is positive