Get Real Middle School Second Edition Basic Set, Spanish
Get Real Middle School, second edition, is a comprehensive evidence-based sexuality education curriculum developed by Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts that empowers students in grades 6, 7, and 8 to delay sex and protect themselves from pregnancy and STIs. There is also a new second edition, as well as the English version, of the 1-year, evidence-informed Get Real High School curriculum.
The Get Real program:
- Emphasizes social and emotional skills as key components of healthy relationships and responsible decision making.
- Promotes abstinence from sex as a healthy and safe choice for middle school students and provides a comprehensive understanding of sexual health, sexuality, and protection methods.
- Supports parents and other caring adults as the primary sexuality educators of their children with take-home family activities that encourage dialogue between students and the caring adults in their lives, and includes access to the Get Real for Parents mobile website so families can complete these activities directly on a phone, laptop or tablet.
- Is developmentally appropriate, inclusive of LGBTQ+ youth, trauma-informed, and aligned to the National Health Education Standards using the CDC's Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool.
This program purchase includes FREE ground shipping where available!
Get Real Middle School includes:
- Middle School curriculum for Grades 6, 7 and 8
- Student Workbook for 30 students at each grade level. Order additional Student Workbooks (beyond the 30 included) for Grade 6, Grade 7 or Grade 8.
- Activity Kit cards and posters
A longitudinal study conducted by Wellesley Centers for Women showed that Get Real works to delay sex among middle school students, reinforces family communication, and improves skills for healthy relationships.
Get Real also offers scheduled regional training events to help educators replicate and implement Get Real with fidelity. Training includes pre-work in the form of a self-paced, online course (approximately 10 to 12 hours over 3 weeks); two-day, in-person skill-based instruction with a Get Real trainer; technical assistance follow-up sessions; and access to the Get Real Educator Resource Center.
Get Real meets CASEL’s highest designation for evidence-based programs and can play a central role in a school's approach to promoting student social and emotional learning. The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) is a trusted source for knowledge about high-quality, evidence-based social and emotional learning (SEL). CASEL supports educators and policy leaders and enhances the experiences and outcomes for all PreK-12 students.
Visit ETR's Get Real website to learn more about the theory and research behind the program, find out about training, and view lesson overviews and tips for facilitators.