Get Real High School Second Edition Basic Set
Get Real High School, second edition, is a comprehensive evidence-informed sexuality education curriculum developed by Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts that empowers students in grades 9 and 10 to delay sex and protect themselves from pregnancy and STIs. There is also a new second edition, as well as a Spanish version, of the 3-year, evidence-based Get Real Middle School curriculum.
The Get Real program:
- Emphasizes social and emotional skills as key components of healthy relationships and responsible decision making.
- Promotes abstinence from sex as a healthy and safe choice for high school students and provides a comprehensive understanding of sexual health, sexuality, and protection methods.
- Supports parents and other caring adults as the primary sexuality educators of their children and includes take-home family activities that encourage dialogue between students and the caring adults in their lives.
- Is developmentally appropriate, inclusive of LGBTQ+ youth, trauma-informed, and aligned to the National Health Education Standards using the CDC's Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool.
- Promotes social and emotional learning and meets the highest designation for evidence-based programs from the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL).
This program purchase includes FREE ground shipping where available!
The high school component can be delivered as a stand-alone curriculum of 11 lessons, but it is most effective as a follow-up to Get Real Middle School.
Get Real also offers scheduled regional training events to help educators replicate and implement Get Real with fidelity. Training includes pre-work in the form of a self-paced, online course (approximately 10 to 12 hours over 3 weeks); two-day, in-person skill-based instruction with a Get Real trainer; technical assistance follow-up sessions; and access to the Get Real Educator Resource Center.
Visit ETR's Get Real website to learn more about the theory and research behind the program, find out about training, and view lesson overviews and tips for facilitators.