ETR develops and delivers products that empower health and education professionals to build skills, change behaviors and improve outcomes.
ETR is the leading publisher of effective, evidence-based prevention programs.
- Demonstrate statistically significant results in reducing health-related risk behaviors.
- Have been evaluated by rigorous research studies, and target clearly defined health behavior outcomes.
- Feature multiple interactive and cooperative learning activities.
- Include Reducing the Risk, Safer Choices, Draw the Line/Respect the Line, BART (Becoming a Responsible Teen), All4You!, Get Real, Be Proud! Be Responsible!, Making Proud Choices, Focus on Youth, and Project TNT (Towards No Tobacco Use).
ETR makes these programs accessible, user friendly and cost effective, so schools and other agencies can replicate results.
Support for teachers includes both on-site and online training in best practices, as well as adaptation guides to help address specific needs while maintaining fidelity to the evidence-base of the program.
Visit the Program Success Center for detailed information about our evidence-based programs.
See the evidence-based programs we offer.
Find out about training for evidence-based programs.
HealthSmart is ETR’s comprehensive K–12 health education program that gives students the knowledge and skills they need to establish life-long healthy behaviors.
- Addresses the primary areas of risk for adolescents identified by CDC.
- Meets the National Health Education Standards.
- Incorporates the characteristics of effective health education curricula and is grounded in sound educational and behavioral theory.
- Is easy to use and accommodates a range of learning styles.
Available in both print and digital editions.
Learn more about HealthSmart >>
Print & Digital Resources
ETR offers over 900 award-winning print and digital resources.
- Make complex information practical and user friendly.
- Are reviewed by experts and updated regularly.
- Serve thousands of health care settings and schools around the world.
- Have won National Health Information, Web Healthand Health Literacy awards, and have been recognized by the CDC, SAMHSA and the U.S. Department of Education.
Choose from pamphlets, pocket guides, curricula, books, e-books, DVDs, PowerPoints and other formats.
Browse our online store to view resources >>
View videos on some of our most popular products >>
Continuing Education Units
ETR offers continuing education units for busy professionals through convenient self-study courses.
- Are designed for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES), Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) and Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE).
- Let you choose from over 50 courses in more than dozen key health categories.
- Are reported quarterly to NCHEC.
- Offer certificates of completion as verification.