In this lesson, students set a goal to eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day. They learn some simple steps for setting a goal, receive a tracking sheet to keep track of their fruit and vegetable intake for a week, and discuss who can help them meet their 5-a-day goal.
Students will be able to:
- Identify a realistic personal short-term goal to eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day.
- Take steps to achieve a personal goal to improve healthy eating.
- Identify people who can help achieve a personal goal to improve healthy eating.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- FN-3: Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- FN-11: Choose and enjoy nutrient-dense foods and beverages that reflect personal preferences, culture, and budget.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 6: Goal Setting
- Performance Indicator 6.2.1: Identify a short-term personal health goal and take action toward achieving the goal.
- Performance Indicator 6.2.2: Identify who can help when assistance is needed to achieve a personal health goal.