Online, Self-Paced Training of Educators
This training gives educators the knowledge and skills to implement the Respecting the Circle of Life curriculum effectively and with a high degree of fidelity. Educators can work through the e-learning modules at their own pace, with plenty of reinforcement and opportunities for review along the way.
As a result of this training, educators will be able to:
- Share accurate information related to:
- Key findings from student outcomes of the RCL evaluation
- STD, HIV and pregnancy facts
- STD, HIV and pregnancy prevention methods
- Adolescent risk behaviors for pregnancy, STD and HIV
- Increase student proficiency to:
- Utilize assertive communication and refusal skills
- Utilize decision-making skills
- Assess short- and long-term goals
- Assess personal values
- Assess and avoid risky situations
- Avoid sex or say no to unprotected sex
- Obtain and use condoms and other methods of contraception
- Effectively use the following teaching strategies:
- Group Agreements
- Small-group work
- Working with guest speakers
- Large-group discussion
- Answering student questions accurately and sensitively.
- Model RCL lessons and activities with fidelity.
- Identify the impact of personal values on teaching.
- Determine acceptable adaptations to the curriculum.
- Identify potential barriers and potential solutions for implementing RCL.
- Create an action plan to implement RCL.