ETR Training of Trainers - Evidence-Based Programs - April 2017
ETR’s next Evidence-Based Programs (EBP) Training of Trainers (TOT) will be held in Oakland, CA, April 25–28, 2017. This event is a high-level professional learning process for qualified trainers who will be providing training and capacity-building assistance for EBP implementation. Those completing the TOT will receive a certificate and become eligible to train on one of three ETR-published EBPs: Draw the Line/Respect the Line (DTL/RTL), Reducing the Risk (RTR), and Making Proud Choices! (MPC).
We are currently assessing national TOT needs. Please take the survey here to tell us your needs.
Executive Inn & Suites Embarcadero Cove, 1755 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94606
$2500 - For a new TOT participant who has not attended an ETR TOT in last four years. Includes four full training days.
$1,500 - For returning TOT participants who have attended a full ETR TOT in the last four years. Includes two full training days focused on the chosen EBP.
(Note: Event costs do not include travel or lodging costs for participants. Lodging information coming soon.)
Registration Deadline: March 3, 2017
For further information, please contact ETR's TOT Coordinator Nicole Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510.858.0989.
Participants are responsible for making their own reservations. Call the hotel reservations department at 510-536-6633 OR follow the booking procedure for online reservations.
Booking Procedure for Online Reservations:
- Go to: www.executiveinnoakland.com
- Enter: Arrival and departure date
- Enter: TOT2017 in the box for “Group Code”
- Click on: Check availability
- Click on: Continue
- Make your room selection and enter personal information
- Click on: Book reservation
*Book by March 25, 2017, to ensure you receive the room block rate.
ETR's TOT engages participants in a comprehensive, multi-day distributive learning process that builds the knowledge and skills required to effectively train educators to deliver evidence-based HIV, STD and/or pregnancy prevention programs for adolescents. By the end of this process, participants will have the advanced skills needed to successfully train educators to implement their chosen EBP with a high degree of comfort and fidelity, using ETR’s research-based training design.
- (Mandatory) Participants attending any TOT must have completed an ETR-authorized Training of Educators (TOE) on the chosen EBP. (Example: Participants wishing to receive a certificate to train on RTR must have attended a TOE on RTR.)
*Note: Authorized TOEs for Reducing the Risk include ETR’s in-person TOE, as well as RTRWorks!, a virtual RTR TOE. Find more information on how to register for RTRWorks! here.
- (Recommended) It’s highly recommended that trainer candidates attend the TOT only after they have had experience implementing their chosen EBP with youth.
Trainer candidates who complete all TOT requirements will receive:
- An ETR TOT Certificate of Completion enabling you to conduct TOEs using the ETR training design in your affiliate area.
- A copy of ETR’s research-based training design for your chosen EBP.
- Access to ETR’s dynamic trainer resource webpage specifically designed for certified trainers who have completed all TOT requirements.
- Ongoing connection to a network of skilled trainers and ETR professional development staff.