This page contains resources for TMI participants, study coordinators, site PIs and other research personnel with additional resources for implementing and sustaining use of motivational interviewing.
Guidelines & Other Resources
*Please note that these materials are links to good resources that others have made available online and are not our own products.
Have a resource to suggest or question to ask? Let us know.
References to Scholarly Literature
- Fortenberry, J. D., Martinez, J., Rudy, B. J., & Monte, D. (2012). Linkage to care for HIV-positive adolescents: A multisite study of the adolescent medicine trials units of the adolescent trials network. Journal of Adolescent Health, 51(6), 551-556. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3505853/
- Naar-King, S., Outlaw, A., Green-Jones, M., Wright, K., & Parsons, J. T. (2009). Motivational interviewing by peer outreach workers: A pilot randomized clinical trial to retain adolescents and young adults in HIV care. AIDS Care, 21(7), 868-873. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/40732234
- Naar-King, S., Outlaw, A. Y., Sarr, M., Parsons, J. T., Belzer, M., MacDonell, K., ... & Adolescent Medicine Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions. (2013). Motivational Enhancement System for Adherence (MESA): Pilot randomized trial of a brief computer-delivered prevention intervention for youth initiating antiretroviral treatment. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 38(6), 638-648. Retrieved from https://academic.oup.com/jpepsy/article/38/6/638/932820
- Naar-King, S., Parsons, J. T., Murphy, D. A., Chen, X., Harris, D. R., & Belzer, M. E. (2009). Improving health outcomes for youth living with the human immunodeficiency virus: A multisite randomized trial of a motivational intervention targeting multiple risk behaviors. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, 163(12), 1092-1098. Retrieved from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/382533
- Outlaw, A. Y., Naar-King, S., Parsons, J. T., Green-Jones, M., Janisse, H., & Secord, E. (2010). Using motivational interviewing in HIV field outreach with young African American men who have sex with men: A randomized clinical trial. American Journal of Public Health, 100(S1), S146-S151. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2837438/
- Zanoni, B. C., & Mayer, K. H. (2014). The adolescent and young adult HIV cascade of care in the United States: Exaggerated health disparities. AIDS Patient Care and STDs, 28(3), 128-135. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3948479/