By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the tenets of cultural humility at the intrapersonal, interpersonal, and organizational levels.
- Apply communication strategies to reduce assumptions and stereotyping at the interpersonal level.
- Identify language and behaviors that contribute to or detract from actualizing the principles of cultural humility.
As youth-serving professionals, we play a critical role in empowering young people by ensuring that they are equipped with the education, skills, support, agency, and resources needed to live healthy lives. To foster such empowerment, it is essential to create safe and inclusive environments for the diverse youth with whom we work. By engaging in the practice of cultural humility, which incorporates openness, self-awareness, and self-reflection in interactions with diverse individuals, youth-serving professionals can increase their self-awareness, examine personal biases, and enhance their communication skills, strengthening their ability to provide culturally appropriate services for diverse and vulnerable youth.
Unlike traditional “webinars,” ETR’s Cultural Humility Live Virtual Training offers you the opportunity to:
- Engage in meaningful pre-work to prime you for the event.
- Interact in real-time with colleagues and the trainer during the virtual training.
- Receive follow-up support that includes additional resources to support growth.
ETR's Upcoming Cultural Humility Live Virtual Trainings
The registration deadline has passed. To be notified of future trainings, please email Lia Cassanego at email@example.com.