Affirmative Consent Live Virtual Training
May 22, 2018 - 12:00-1:30 PST
Included with your registration:
Teaching Affirmative Consent: Practical Guidelines to Increase Student Understanding
valued at $24.99
Cultural perspectives, organizational policies and local and national laws are changing to embrace the principle of Affirmative Consent. A culture of consent is one in which it is the norm, not the exception for all persons to obtain consent prior to sexual experiences.
Many educators feel this policy shift is a step in the right direction and has the potential to create positive change. Affirmative Consent policies can:
- Build communication skills
- Construct a respectful frame about personal choice
- Help prevent sexual assault
- Address negative, outdated gender roles
Educators recognize that institutions need to disseminate adequate information about the policy, and that education needs to start early.
Build a successful Affirmative Consent program with the help of ETR's Affirmative Consent Live Web-Based Training!
By participating in this training, you will develop the skills and tools to build institutional support for adopting affirmative consent policies. You will also learn how to develop an effective strategy for teaching about affirmative consent.
Following the training you will have the ability to:
- Explain how Affirmative Consent contributes to changing youth's norms and attitudes around sexual relationships.
- Deliver a pitch to advocate for the inclusion of Affirmative Consent content in educational settings.
- Develop strategies for addressing youth's criticism of Affirmative Consent.
- Describe the key messages, critical talking points and different activities included in the Teaching Affirmative Consent supplement's lesson plan.
- Describe at least three ways to reinforce Affirmative Consent messaging within related activities and class discussions.
Unlike traditional "webinars," ETR's Affirmative Consent web-based training offers you the opportunity to:
- Engage in meaningful pre-work to prime you for the event.
- Interact in real-time with colleagues and the trainer during the web-based training.
- Receive follow-up support that includes additional resources to support implementation.
ETR's Affirmative Consent Training
When: May 22, 2018, 12:00-1:30pm PST.
Includes: Pre-work activities, follow-up support and additional resources, copy of Teaching Affirmative Consent.
Registration deadline: April 24, 2018. Registration limited to 30 participants.