This informational lesson teaches key facts about marijuana and reinforces the message that most teens do not use this drug. Students read about marijuana, then complete an activity sheet to offer advice and share what they’ve learned with younger students.
Students will be able to:
- Summarize the negative short- and long-term effects of marijuana use.
- Explain that most teens do not use marijuana.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- AOD-4: Avoid the use of illegal drugs.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.8.1: Analyze the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.