This informational lesson helps students see how much they know about tobacco, including vaping, and teaches key facts about nicotine. Students play a card-matching game to answer questions about smoking, using smokeless tobacco and vaping. After reviewing the correct answers, they complete an activity sheet to summarize their learning.
Students will be able to:
- Describe the negative short- and long-term physical effects of using tobacco.
- Summarize the negative health effects of secondhand smoke.
- Describe negative effects of vaping.
- Summarize the personal benefits of being tobacco free.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- T-1: Avoid using (or experimenting with) any form of tobacco.
- T-2: Avoid exposure to secondhand smoke and aerosol.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.8.1: Analyze the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.