This informational lesson helps students see how much they know about alcohol and teaches key facts about this drug. Students complete a True/False quiz about alcohol and share their ideas in pairs. After reviewing the correct answers, they examine how alcohol use could affect their goals and activities.
Students will be able to:
- Summarize the negative consequences of using alcohol.
- Explain how using alcohol could negatively affect their lives.
- Describe the relationship between alcohol use and other risky behaviors.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- AOD-3: Avoid the use of alcohol.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.8.1: Analyze the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.
- Performance Indicator 1.8.9: Examine the potential seriousness of injury or illness if engaging in unhealthy behaviors.
- Standard 2: Analyzing Influences
- Performance Indicator 2.8.9: Describe how some health risk behaviors can influence the likelihood of engaging in unhealthy behaviors.