In this skills-based lesson, students report some of the results from their parent/guardian interviews and then access information from the school handbook to become familiar with school policies on drug use. They also learn about community laws concerning drug use by minors.
Students will be able to:
- Summarize family rules about vaping, other tobacco products, alcohol and other drugs.
- Access resources to find information about school policies on drug use.
- Summarize school policies regarding vaping, other tobacco products, alcohol and other drugs.
- Summarize community laws regarding purchasing and using vaping and other tobacco products, alcohol and other drugs.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- AOD-3: Avoid the use of alcohol.
- AOD-4: Avoid the use of illegal drugs.
- AOD-8: Support others to be alcohol and other drug free.
- T-1: Avoid using (or experimenting with) any form of tobacco.
- T-3: Support a tobacco-free environment.
- T-4: Support others to be tobacco free.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 2: Analyzing Influences
- Performance Indicator 2.8.1: Examine how the family influences the health of adolescents.
- Performance Indicator 2.8.10: Explain how school and public health policies can influence health promotion and disease prevention.
- Performance Indicator 2.8.4: Analyze how the school and community can affect personal health practices and behaviors.
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.8.2: Access valid health information from home, school, and community.