This culminating activity assesses student learning for the unit through a written exam.
Students will be able to:
- Summarize the negative short- and long-term physical effects of tobacco use.
- Summarize the negative personal and social consequences of tobacco use.
- Summarize the health benefits of abstaining from or discontinuing tobacco use.
- Summarize the harmful short- and long-term physical, psychological and social effects of alcohol use.
- Describe the harmful effects of binge drinking.
- Analyze the dangers of driving while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Summarize the importance of not riding with a driver who’s been using alcohol or other drugs.
- Summarize the harmful short- and long-term physical, psychological and social effects of other drug use.
- Analyze the relationship between using alcohol and other drugs and other health risks.
- Summarize community laws about tobacco, alcohol and other drug use.
- Explain that most high school students do not use tobacco, alcohol or other drugs.
- Summarize why alcohol and other drug use is an unhealthy way to manage stress.
- Analyze the benefits of being drug free.
- Identify effective refusal skills that can be used to say NO to pressure to use tobacco, alcohol and other drugs.