Students learn that they can use their words and bodies to get help when they are hurt or feeling ill. They watch a demonstration of how to ask for help from a trusted adult. Then they listen to stories about kids who need help and practice what they could say to ask for help in each situation.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to get help when sick or hurt.
- responsible decision making
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- PHW-10: Use health care services to address common infectious diseases and manage chronic diseases and conditions.
- S-7: Get help for oneself or others when injured or suddenly ill.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.2.1: Identify trusted adults and professionals who can help promote health.
- Performance Indicator 3.2.2: Identify ways to locate school and community health helpers.
- Standard 4: Communication
- Performance Indicator 4.2.1: Demonstrate healthy ways to express needs, wants, and feelings.