Students review the important things their teeth do, and discuss how to keep their teeth healthy. They watch a demonstration and practice the steps for proper tooth brushing, then make a pledge to properly brush their teeth twice a day.
Students will be able to:
- Identify the proper steps for daily brushing of teeth.
- Demonstrate the steps to proper tooth brushing.
- Make a pledge to properly brush their teeth twice a day.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- PHW-1: Practice appropriate hygiene habits.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 6: Goal Setting
- Performance Indicator 6.2.1: Identify a short-term personal health goal and take action toward achieving the goal.
- Performance Indicator 6.2.2: Identify who can help when assistance is needed to achieve a personal health goal.
- Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
- Performance Indicator 7.2.1: Demonstrate healthy practices and behaviors to maintain or improve personal health.