Students work in pairs to complete a puzzle to help them identify parts of the body. They name key body parts and identify these parts of their own bodies. Then they describe some of the things their bodies can do.
Students will be able to:
- Identify different parts of the human body.
- Describe what it means to be healthy.
- Describe some ways to keep the body healthy.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- PHW-6: Practice behaviors that prevent infectious diseases.
- PHW-7: Practice behaviors that prevent chronic diseases.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.