In this lesson, students celebrate the healthy choice to be tobacco free. They think about all the things they can do because their bodies are healthy, and make a drawing of themselves doing one of these things. Then they make Tobacco-Free Medallions to wear to remind them of their healthy choice.
Students will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of not using tobacco.
- Demonstrate how to persuade others to be tobacco free.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- T-4: Support others to be tobacco free.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 8: Advocacy
- Performance Indicator 8.2.2: Encourage peers to make positive health choices.