This lesson helps students explore being physically active as a key to good health. After discussing different things they do to be healthy, students identify things they can do to move their bodies, and then set a goal to move every day.
Students will be able to:
- Describe how being physically active can help a person feel better.
- Set a goal to move their bodies each day.
- Encourage peers to be physically active.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- PA-1: Engage in moderate to vigorous physical activity for at least 60 minutes every day.
- PA-2: Regularly engage in physical activities that enhance cardiorespiratory endurance, flexibility, muscle endurance, and muscle strength.
- PA-7: Support others to be physically active.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 6: Goal Setting
- Performance Indicator 6.2.1: Identify a short-term personal health goal and take action toward achieving the goal.
- Performance Indicator 6.2.2: Identify who can help when assistance is needed to achieve a personal health goal.
- Standard 8: Advocacy
- Performance Indicator 8.2.2: Encourage peers to make positive health choices.