Students identify activities they can do with their hands, arms, legs and feet and discuss what they can do to move their bodies every day to be healthy. They make a booklet that illustrates all the things their special bodies can do and the ways they stay active.
Students will be able to:
- Explain things they can do to move their bodies and be active every day.
- Describe the benefits of being physically active.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- PA-1: Engage in moderate to vigorous physical activity for at least 60 minutes every day.
- PA-2: Regularly engage in physical activities that enhance cardiorespiratory endurance, flexibility, muscle endurance, and muscle strength.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.